How to Get Google Analytics Tracking Code
Knowing things like where your website visitors are coming from, how they found you, what content they viewed, and how long they stayed on parts of your site can provide you with infinite insight into your buyer personas and provide countless data-backed optimization opportunities.
But before all that, you’ll need to have an account setup with Google Analytics first, and get the tracking code you’ll be using on your website.
1.) Easiest & quickest – Let us do it for you!
- Simply provide us your Google Analytics login (Email & Password) and we’ll do the rest for you.
- If that’s not possible, you can proceed with the DIY route as detailed in the next steps.
2.) DIY: Go to https://www.google.com/analytics
- Log into your Google Analytics account and click ‘Admin’ in the upper right hand side of the page.
- Select the appropriate Account and Property, then click ‘Tracking Info’ in the middle column labeled ‘Property’.
3.) Copy tracking code
- Click ‘Tracking Code’ under ‘Tracking Info’ to access the website tracking code you’ll need to install on your website.
- On this page, you’ll see a box with multiple lines of code. Be sure to copy the entire tracking code, beginning with <script> all the way through to </script>
4.) Send your code to us
- Email the whole code to [email protected] with the subject: Install GA tracking code – YOURWEBSITENAME
- We’ll setup the code on the website for you.